Starting this June we are offering a new monthly one to one photography tuition service: the Photo Surgery.
The Surgery will be run by our tutors, experienced and knowledgeable experts in their fields, whom you may have met on our various photography, video and post-production courses.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a more seasoned professional we will work through any areas of photography/video work that you need enhancing.
Sessions are extremely adaptable and highly tailored to the attendees’ needs as well as their camera gear. So just let us know what it is you’re looking for and we will work to create the best session to suit your needs (advanced camera functions, portrait photography, mastering studio lighting, product photography, image editing in Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop, video editing).
Also, they are applicable to all camera types: DSLR, CSC mirrorless systems and bridge, regardless of brand.
Wednesday 28th June
Tuesday 18th July
Wednesday 23rd August
The Surgery is open from 10 am to 6 pm with one-hour slots that you can book in advance.
The price for our past students is £59 per hour, and for new customers is £69 per hour.
Additional attendees will only pay 50% of the fee to join.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who has attended our photography courses but would like to learn a bit more in an informal 1-to-1 setting without the need to book a complete, 3-4 hour session. Ideal if you need to brush up on what you already know, to consolidate your knowledge, or if you want to make progress in the specific kind of photography that interests you.
- Anyone planning on buying new equipment. Ideal for people either planning on upgrading their kit or getting their first cameras for themselves or as a present. Let’s talk about DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, brands and types of lenses!
- Anyone with camera-specific questions that couldn’t be discussed in a classroom setting with 7 other people. Perfect if you want to learn about the meaning of your own camera’s functions and settings. This is the time to talk only about your brand (Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Sony, Olympus, Pentax and anything else)!
- Anyone who has been on the Lightroom course and would like personalised advice. Would you like just a bit of practice editing your images? We can take a deeper look at 3 or 4 of your best images and edit them. We can also talk about organising your images if that’s what you need.
- Anyone interested in a creative technique that you would like to practise for an hour. Great if you want to get a bit deeper into how depth-of-field or motion blur works.
How does it work?
Book the 1-hour slot you would like to attend. There are six slots available.
|10 am – 11 am||Slot 1|
|11:15 am – 12:15 pm||Slot 2|
|12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Slot 3|
|2 pm – 3 pm||Slot 4|
|3:15 pm – 4:15 pm||Slot 5|
|4:30 am – 5:30 pm||Slot 6|
In case you’d like to book a slot before or after the last slot, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please email us at: [email protected] or just call our studio on 020 8947 8118.
In case you’d like to bring along one more person to the consultation, you can for a small extra fee.
Please make sure you arrive on time. As you can see, the Photo Surgery has a tight schedule and we can only see you during your the slot you have booked.
Cancellation policy: For a full refund you need to cancel at least 14 days before the date of the Photo Surgery. After that we cannot give you a refund but your booking can be rescheduled.
Rescheduling policy: If you notify us at least 7 days before the day of the Photo Surgery we will try to find you a different slot provided there is one available.
You can book multiple slots on the same date if you’d like to come for more than an hour.