Creative Photography Practice
Ok, so you’ve learnt the basics of photography like the aperture, shutter speeds, ISO, depth of field, and you know now how to use your camera. So what next?
Photography is a skill that needs practice and experimentation. If you want to improve, like in every other discipline, you’ll need to work on it. Hands-on!
You can read countless books, watch youtube videos, but nothing will help you as much as a guided practice and instant feedback on what you might be doing wrong.
Our Creative Photography Practice sessions are highly effective workshops that we recommend to all photography enthusiasts looking to enhance their technical and creative skills, and as an immediate follow-up for everyone who attended our beginner courses.
By understanding some properties of light and learning composition techniques, you will not only develop your photographer’s eye but will start using your camera more creatively and produce pictures you will be proud of.
This course will transform the way you think about and take pictures outdoors!
The digital camera photography course that Jason ran was absolutely great. I learnt so much on the day. The content was really interesting and was backed up by great and fascinating practical examples.
Great Photography Experience!
This 3 hours highly practical workshop takes place around beautiful Putney, in south-west London.
You will have an opportunity to experiment with such techniques as depth of field control, shutter speeds control and composition. The workshop will also focus on light; its properties and characteristics and how these impact on successful photography.
Theory and Science
- Reminder of the “Exposure Triangle”
- What is the exposure triangle and how does it relate to photography?
- How do camera settings: aperture, shutter speed and ISO influence exposure?
- How to make your pictures more visually attractive and what mistakes to avoid?
- Simple concepts and rules that can dramatically improve your photography – “rule of thirds”, “leading lines”, “symmetry”, “filling the frame”.
- Why lighting is one of the most important factors in creating a successful image?
- How to take advantage of the unique properties of a particular time of day and the weather, to give your images more impact?
Putting it all into Practice
- How to choose a right background and what to look for in the surrounding environment to create interesting images?
- The most important do’s and don’ts of portrait posing.
- How aperture size and distance from the subject relates to controlling the depth of field for creative purposes?
- How to avoid camera shake when photographing flowers at close distance?
- Creative use of shutter speeds
- What are the relative speeds of things and people, and how this can relate creatively to different shutter speeds on your camera?
- How to freeze motion or use blur effect creatively in your pictures?
What to expect on the day?
The course is a stimulating combination of presentations, practice and discussions.
During the first part of the course, our tutor will cover the technical aspects of photography and composition techniques. (30mins)
Next will be a guided practice in the Bishop’s Park gardens, image revision and individual feedback. (2h 30mins)
It is assumed that those attending will have a basic knowledge of photography and have an understanding of aperture, shutter speeds and exposure, or have already attended our Beginners DSLR, Intensive DSLR or The Art of Travel Photography courses.
Any camera that allows full manual control (M on program dial). A DSLR is recommended, however, most of the mirrorless compact systems / micro-four-thirds and bridge cameras should also be suitable.
If in doubt, please email us with your camera make and model and we will double check its suitability. Please follow this link to the contact form.
|Course key facts|
all levels of skill and experience
optimal tutor attention
10:00am – 1:00pm
London SW6 6EA
Please remember to enter the code BLACKFRIDAY to activate the discount. Offer valid Friday 24th November – Monday 27th November 2017 only!
All Gift Vouchers purchased during the sale event will be valid for 12 months.
|27 Sep 201827 Sep 201827 Sep 2018||Thursday||11:00 am - 2:00 pm||Creative Photography Practice||only 1 left||£75.00||Book now|