Intensive Beginners Photography Course
Our Intensive Photography Course for beginners explains the science and art of photography from the ground up with almost constant hands-on activities. It will get you familiar with your digital camera like the DSLR, Mirrorless system or Bridge, in no time and allow you to start taking real control over your photography.
The course is suitable for everyone from the complete novice who has virtually zero experience and knowledge of photography to those who have owned a digital camera for a while but are still struggling to get off the automatic programmes and need that vital kick-start to help them understand the fundamentals and get their creative photography underway.
Choose this course if you’d like more extended opportunities for hands-on practice, feedback, and a firmer, more rounded grasp and understanding of your camera.
Better results guaranteed!
With classes no larger than 8 students in a fully equipped studio, we can guarantee that everyone will get a high level of attention and some personal tips!
Start Taking Better Pictures!
Our Intensive Beginners photography course normally runs from 10:00am to 5:00pm with around half an hour for lunch and two short tea/coffee breaks to let you rest and digest all that you have learnt.
Get to know your camera better:
- Learn how your camera works and all the essential buttons.
- What are the different camera functions and how to set it up for best results.
- What is the difference between raw and JPEG images.
- All the technical aspects of photography – what is the aperture, f-stops, shutter speeds and ISO?
- How to get creative control over your camera by using manual mode (M), so that a camera takes the pictures the way you want!
- Perfect exposure every time? Learn how your camera sees the light and how to read your light meter.
- How to take control of what’s in focus in your images using focus points.
- How to set the right depth of field, from portraits with a blurred background to detailed landscape shots, by choosing the appropriate Aperture.
- How to capture moving objects without blur, from children at play to sports and wildlife.
- Colours – how to make sure they’re the colour you want them to be.
- How to cope with difficult and low light conditions
- Learn simple concepts and rules that can dramatically improve your photography: “rule of thirds”, “leading lines”, “filling the frame”, ..
- Get plenty of tips on how to better compose your pictures – framing, focal length and angle of view.
- Practical lens guide – choosing the best lens for your photography needs, and desired creative effect.
- How to clean and troubleshoot your camera.
- Camera and equipment purchase recommendations.
This course not only explains the basic science and nature of photography, but also introduces lots of hands-on practical exercises during which you will learn how to control and combine all different camera functions creatively.
At the end of the course we will provide comprehensive handouts and photographic cheat-sheets.
What to bring and camera suitability:
All DSLR cameras, mirrorless compact systems and bridge cameras are all suitable as long as they allow full manual control by selecting M on mode dial. If in doubt please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our studio on 020 8947 8118 to check your camera suitability.
We also offer free camera and lenses hire for the duration of the course. Tripods are not required.
|Course key facts|
|Course level 2|
optimal tutor attention
10:00am – 5:00pm
DSLR Photography Courses Ltd
Wimbledon Art Studios
10 Riverside Road
“ Creative, Inspiring, Enjoyable ”
We’ve already helped over 9,750 photography enthusiasts,
and here’s what some of them had to say!
After two years of playing around with my camera it was great to attend this course and finally learn the techniques I needed to get the results I wanted. Fantastic photography course. Highly recommended!
I got this course as a gift and I must say that it was the best gift I have ever got! I always used automatic settings for my photography but after this course I am looking forward to take all of my pictures in fully manual. Thanks!