Street Photography Course in London
Street Photography Course in London – Brick Lane / Southbank. This short Street Photography course aims to introduce you to some of the practical and technical considerations of street photography but also to unpack some of the significance and meaning of what it actually means to be a street photographer.
During the workshop we will discuss and, of course, practice, some different aspects and approaches to street photography including: Abstract, Classic, In your face, Modern / content centric and Graphic.
Street photography has been around since the dawn of photographic history. In fact, some of the very first images ever recorded back in the mid 19th century were street photographs. If you ever go into a pub and are fascinated by the old photographs of local street scenes adorning the wall, then you are fascinated by at least one element of street photography.
Street photography is to record people and how they interact within the world which we, as people, have built around ourselves. Its intriguing, appalling, shocking, playful, unexpected, depressing, thought provoking – the list of emotional responses goes on and on. Street photography is to invite, through the lens, a wide gamut of emotional, intellectual, but always human responses to the world we inhabit.
Great introduction to Street Photography in London
Our Street photography course normally runs from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
Course meeting place – central London, Brick Lane or Southbank.
On this course you will:
- Receive a visual introduction to some street photography greats and what makes them great!
- Learn about the different approaches and styles of street photography, including inspirational
video shorts from some globally respected photographers.
- Get an introduction to what actually defines street photography, (in the opinions of many great
exponents of this art.)
- Get some top tips and suggestions on how to prepare yourself (mentally and psychologically),
and your camera, for the relentless feat of observation which is street photography.
- Get an extended opportunity to go out and give it a go.
- Receive intelligent and experienced responses to your work, including – the toughest bit of all –
how to successfully edit your images down to the killer shots.
Take this course if you:
- are familiar with your basic camera settings such as shutter, aperture and ISO, and are comfortable using your camera in manual.
- have a fascination with people and the way they (we) interact with each other and our environment.
- are passionate about photography which has enduring intellectual and emotional impact.
- have some familiarity with (a few / even one) street photographers who have inspired you to emulate this timeless, fascinating branch of the medium.
- have some level of empathy for the people who surround you in the streets that you tread.
- feel naked if you leave the house without a camera round your neck!
The tutor for this course is a fantastic photographer Robert Irving.
|Course key facts|
beginners and intermediate
optimal tutor attention
12:00am – 4:00pm
Offer valid Friday 29th November – Monday 2nd December 2019.
All Gift Vouchers purchased during the sale event will be valid for 12 months.
|15 Nov 202015 Nov 202015 Nov 2020||Sunday||10:00 am - 2:00 pm||Street Photography Course||4||£85.00||Sign up|