Travel Photography Course
The Art of Travel Photography is a fantastic course if you’re keen to learn how to take great photographs during your holidays and travels.
Most of us cannot imagine going on a trip out of town, let alone an exotic holiday without taking a camera. Photographs not only allow us to share our travel experiences with others, but they help us remember where we were and how we felt. Without photographs all those breathtaking views, magical places and joyful moments would be gone forever, impossible to reproduce.
Yet all too often, we find that our photos fall short of our expectations. They may look fine on a small camera preview screen, but back home we find them blurry, over flashy or just plain boring. To make matters worse, we may never return to the place again.
If this has happened to you, if you feel disappointed with your photography and would like to improve your skills – then this course is for you.
By understanding some basic photographic principles and best practices, you will not only develop your photographer’s eye but will start using your camera more creatively and produce pictures you will be proud of.
This course will transform the way you think about and take photographs during your travels.
After having owned my Nikon D3200 for a year I felt it was time to really learn about what the camera could do. I’d heard about ISO, aperture, f stops and the rest but didn’t really appreciate what any of these terms meant or how it would impact taking a picture.
I attended the course down in Wimbledon and was so impressed, I’ll be looking to book myself on the intermediate. Our tutor was both knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and the amount I walked away with was immense.
I’m now genuinely looking forward to my next trip away – I’ll be able to take some proper photos and finally use the manual setting on my camera! Would highly recommend.
Tom Lavin, Nikon D3200
I’ve had my camera for a few years, and I’m beginning a long trip very soon so I came on a course to learn how to use my camera during my travels. All the activities were really beneficial and I learnt how to take photos on a manual setting, and developed much better understanding of my camera. Expectations fully met. Would recommend!
Paige Batson, Canon EOS 600d
After two years of playing around with my camera it was great to attend this course and finally learn the techniques I needed to get the results I wanted. Fantastic photography course. Highly recommended!
Better results guaranteed!
With groups no larger than 8 participants, we can guarantee that everyone will get a high level of attention and some personal tips!
Learn the Art of Travel Photography
Our travel photography course normally runs from 10:00am till 5:00pm.
On this course you will learn and/or have an introduction to:
- How your camera works and all the important buttons.
- What are the different camera functions and how to set it up for best results.
- How to manually take control of your aperture, shutter speed and ISO, so that you will be able to get your camera to do what you want.
- How your camera sees light and how to cope with difficult and low light conditions.
- How to take control of what’s in focus in your images using focus points.
- How to set right depth of field, from portraits with blurred background to detailed landscape shots, by choosing the appropriate Aperture.
- How to capture moving objects without blur, from children at play to sports and wildlife.
- Colours – how to make sure they’re the colour you want them to be.
- How to take advantage of your surrounding environment to create interesting images.
- What is the best time of day to take pictures outdoors – “The Golden Hour”.
- Get plenty of tips on how to compose fantastic shots.
- Learn simple concepts and rules that will dramatically improve your photography: “rule of thirds”, “leading lines”, “filling the frame”, ..
- Practical lens guide – choosing best lens for your travel needs, and which lenses will give you the desired creative effect.
- What essential items you need in your DSLR travel kit.
- How to clean and troubleshoot your camera.
- Camera and equipment purchase recommendations.
This course not only explains the basic science and nature of photography, but also introduces lots of hands-on practical exercises during which you will learn how to control and combine all different camera functions creatively.
We will also discuss sample images revealing their photographic components such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO and light source used. Course attendees are welcome to bring along an image they would like to learn how to replicate.
At the end of the course we will provide comprehensive handouts and photographic cheat-sheets.
What to bring and camera suitability:
All DSLR, mirrorless compact systems and bridge cameras are suitable as long as they allow full manual control by selecting M on mode dial or through the camera menu.
As long as you are able to control the aperture, shutter speeds and ISO – you will enjoy your course! All the technical aspects of photography we will be talking about and the practical exercises will be relevant.
All mirrorless cameras from Fujifilm, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Nikon, Canon etc.. are very welcome 🙂
If you’d like to double check your camera suitability before making a booking, please just give us a call on 020 8947 8118, or email email@example.com
We offer free camera and lenses hire for the duration of the course. Tripods are not required.
|Course key facts|
|Course level 1|
beginner to intermediate
optimal tutor attention
10:00am – 5:00pm
St James’ Park, Southbank, WaterlooEnjoy-Work, Building 3
566 Chiswick High Road
London W4 5YA
Offer valid Friday 23rd November – Monday 26th November 2018.
All Gift Vouchers purchased during the sale event will be valid for 12 months.
|25 Aug 201925 Aug 201925 Aug 2019||Sunday||10:00 am - 5:00 pm||Travel Photography Course||4||£135.00||Sign up|
|21 Sep 201921 Sep 201921 Sep 2019||Saturday||10:00 am - 5:00 pm||Travel Photography Course||6||£135.00||Sign up|