Creative Studio Lighting with Flash
Creative Photography Studio Lighting with Flash is a practical workshop for all photography enthusiasts wanting to learn how to creatively shoot portraits using flash studio lights.
Learning how to control the light is a hard work, and the whole process could be overwhelming, but it can also be fun and the results fantastic!
Our tutor will guide you step by step, showing you how to set up your first light, a second light, add a reflector, and importantly how to get the picture right in the camera.
You will also learn how to arrange a shoot, some posing techniques and how to direct your model to get the picture you want.
Creative and easy to follow, this course has the right amount of theory and practice, that will enable you to boost your imagination, gain more confidence in a studio environment and bring home some stunning images for your portfolio.
Our most complete course to master studio lighting with flash!
Learn Studio Flash Lighting!
This one day highly practical workshop takes place at Wimbledon Art Studios, in South-West London.
Please note places are limited to 6 attendees only.
What to expect on the day?
The first part will explore some theory on studio lighting, light modifiers and all the different types of light setups.
Next will be a guided practice with a model, first with a white backdrop and then with a black backdrop. All these changes will give you the opportunity to gain more hands-on experience with different light schemes and also more variety for your portfolio.
We will end the course with image revision and individual feedback.
Course outline in more detail:
- Understand how to quickly analyze a photograph, to gather information on how it was taken, the light scheme and the settings that might have been used.
- Explore the portrait master photographers and learn how they style their photographs and how they shape the light.
- How to get the shot you want: learn how to choose different light modifiers.
- Understand when it’s best to use soft light or hard light.
- Learn how to master ISO, aperture and shutter speed and how to choose the right settings for the Flash.
- Practice: learn how to set up a single flash light to create a dramatic effect in portraiture.
- Learn the difference between direct and bounced light and how to control it.
- Working with 2 flashlights – where to position them and how to put the right settings.
- Understand how adding rim light and fill light to the main light source will help your composition giving you more bold images.
- Getting creative using colour gels to add an interesting twist to your images.
- Learn how to effectively communicate with models and direct them on set.
- Get suggestions on how to retouch your pictures.
At the end of the day not only you will gain confidence for shooting in a studio environment, but you will also walk away with some great images for your portfolio.
It is assumed that those attending will have a basic knowledge of photography and have an understanding of aperture, shutter speeds and exposure, or have already attended our Beginners DSLR or an Intensive DSLR courses.
Any camera that allows full manual control (M on program dial). A DSLR is recommended, however, most of the mirrorless compact systems / micro-four-thirds and some bridge cameras might also be suitable.
If in doubt, please email us with your camera make and model and we will confirm its suitability.
|Course key facts|
|Creative Lighting with Flash|
all levels of skill and experience
optimal tutor attention
10:00am – 4:00pm
Wimbledon Art Studios10 Riverside Yard
London SW17 0BB
|19 May 201919 May 201919 May 2019||Sunday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||Creative Studio Lighting - Flash||only 3 left||£165.00||Book now|