Creative Flower Photography with Polina Plotnikova
Creative Flower Photography is a very special workshop for those who love fine art photography and are fascinated by the beauty of flowers. A rare opportunity to learn from a true master of flower portraits Polina Plotnikova ARPS EFIAP.
Polina has won numerous national and international awards for her photographs, and during the workshop, Polina will showcase her amazing flower portraits and share the methods she uses to obtain them.
Polina describes her approach to flower photography as “similar to that of a portrait photographer – for every flower and plant that I photograph, I always try to find its unique look, study its mood and character, and ultimately unlock the hidden beauty of my models”.
The course is a stimulating combination of presentations, guided practice and discussions.
- Introduction to lighting & technical aspects of flower photography.
- Using studio equipment, light controllers, softboxes and reflectors.
- Setting up professional flash lighting system and attachments.
- Polina’s favourite lighting setups and techniques.
- Camera settings for studio photography.
- Advice on setting up a home studio.
- Practical lens guide and how to achieve the desired creative effect.
- Introduction to Lensbaby lenses for still life and flowers.
- Art of good photography composition.
- The focus stacking technique and Helicon Focus software.
- Tips on post-processing images in Adobe Photoshop.
At the end of the day not only you will gain confidence for shooting in a studio environment, but you will also walk away with some great images for your portfolio.
For more information and to reserve your place please visit the course page: www.dslrphotographycourses.com/courses-and-workshops/creative-flower-photography
Update: the course on 11th November sold out within minutes of publishing on the website, and due to high interest and demand, Polina agreed to add an extra date on Sunday 3rd December.
The course will also start at 10am, and we should finish around 4pm.
The price per attendee is £165.
@ Picture gallery – courtesy Polina Plotnikova