Street Photography Competition September 2020
Hi Everyone! Wow, its September already! Four more months and we will be saying farewell to 2020… after all 2019 probably wasn’t so bad …?
Ok, so I’ve been looking for a new theme for our competition, and by accident, I think I found a perfect one!
Last Sunday I joined street photography workshop run by Rob and I loved it!
You can read more about this on our website
plus here you can see more pics from Rob
After the class, I just couldn’t recall if we ever did a street theme competition, and even if we did – must have been years ago, so I thought, yes, September will be perfect!
The weather is still nice and warm (in case you don’t like shooting in the rain), we can make lasting memories by recording life in London after the lockdown. As we are trying to adjust to the “new normal” which I really hope just won’t stay for too long…
I hope you like this theme – yes/no? Let me know!
If interested we have few street photography workshops coming up and we would like to offer 10% discount – email me for details.
We have Sunday 20th September (1 last place), Sunday 18th October and Sunday 15th November.
Below are a couple of links to articles about street photography that I highly recommend for you to read and if you scroll all the way down is a preview and a link to the Pinterest board – some really good/funny examples there!
We’ll choose and publish a selection of pictures and the winner will receive £50 in course vouchers.
And please do not worry, just send some of your favourite images, even if you don’t win, you can ask for feedback, help, tips, and get some bonus discount for your next class.
We are looking forward to seeing your entries!!!
It is easy to enter, and the competition is open to everyone. Entry closes on 30th September 2020.
Your pictures should be saved as jpg files and not bigger than 3MB. Remember to name your files e.g. katesmith1.jpg
Please email your best pictures (3 max) to email@example.com
We will notify the winners on 15th October 2020.
“Back to school” is a very popular time and some classes have limited availability.
Get 10% off when using code CREATIVE10.
Intermediate Photography – 9th, 26th September and 1st November
Night & Low Light Photography – 27th September & 22nd October
Street Photography – 20th September & 8th November
Portrait Photography – 20th September & 17th October
Creative Studio Lighting – 11th October
Product Photography – 13th September & 24th October
Photoshop for Photographers – 2nd October & 8th November
Lightroom for Photographers – 3rd October & 14th November
Pinterest board for some inspiration
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and not in breach of any copyright.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, you give permission to DSLR Photography Courses to feature your images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Only 3 images per person are allowed.
- The images should be in JPEG format and not bigger than 3MB, with the resolution not smaller than 150dpi. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name.
- Images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition via email and announced on DSLR Photography Courses website and social media.
- The prize vouchers will be valid for 12 months, and there are no cash alternatives. The voucher can be used for half a day courses and workshops to the value of the voucher, as well as a part payment for any other full day or specialised courses we offer of a higher value.
- Only three images per person will be accepted per month, and each image can be entered only once and not be used for the future competitions.
- DSLR Photography Courses reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of the competition rules.
- Any personal details of the competitors will be used only for the administering purposes and not published or provided to third parties. DSLR Photography Courses reserves the right to publish the winner’s name on their website and media sites and publications.
- Any late or corrupted files won’t be accepted.
- Promoter: DSLR Photography Courses, Wimbledon Art Studios, 10 Riverside Road, London SW17 0BB.