DSLR Video Course
This one-day beginners DSLR video course is packed with tips and advice on how to correctly operate a DSLR camera and shoot great-looking movies.
By the end of the day you will understand not only what the principal variables of aperture, shutter speed and ISO mean to you as a filmmaker, but also how to make the most of your camera in practise.
Our tutor, György László has been in the industry for over 15 years and will share with you all his theoretical knowledge as well as his hard-earned, practical insights into operating a DSLR camera and translating your visual ideas into well-shot videos.
Are you a budding vlogger in need of shooting better youtube product videos? An aspiring filmmaker who wants to shoot documentaries or music videos? Do you run a business and would prefer to shoot your corporate testimonials on your own? A real estate agent who wants to stay ahead of the competition by creating stunning moving images? Or do you simply want to move beyond your smartphone and capture better movies of your family holidays or childrens’ parties?
Today’s DSLR cameras give you the ability to record video in ways that used to be the exclusive domain of professionals.
My dslr video course with Gyuri was fantastic. It perfectly combined theory with practice so I now have the confidence and knowledge to go anywhere in the world and shoot movies. Gyuri is very patient and has a very thorough and professional understanding of film meaning he can cater the lesson exactly to your needs. I would highly recommend this course to anyone!
Katie Arnold (Canon EOS 600D)
Full day of DSLR video training
This dslr video course normally runs from 10.00am to 4.00pm with around half an hour for lunch and one tea / coffee break.
The course will teach you how to take control of your camera in order to:
- get your exposure right – understand the principle and practice of metering
- learn how to get a good exposure for your shots in under 30 seconds
- understand and learn to set up the basic parameters of your exposure: aperture, shutter speed and ISO – learn to use them as the creative tools that they are
- learn how to select a lens for your video (including a praise for old, manual lenses)
- understand what your camera is and is NOT capable of, understand the advantages and limitations of digital video (a very big bang for your buck, shooting with amazing lenses, immediacy v. limited color and dynamic range, processing and archiving footage).
The course will start you on your way towards:
- shooting video with available light to the best effect
- learning the basics of planning your movies (shot sizes, static camera v. camera in motion)
- being able to produce good-looking content (straight from the camera or edited) that can then be shared on the internet
Requirements / recommended items for the course:
- video recording capable DSLR camera
- any manual fixed focal-length lens
- a tripod if you have one
A group course or 1 to 1 tuition?
The HD Video course has a maximum of 4 participants allowing lots of personal attention. Should you, however, feel that you need to focus even more on your own filmmaking needs and on the ins and outs of your own equipment talk to us about arranging a 1 to 1 workshop with György either in our studio or at a London location of your choice.
In case you’re interested in György’s credentials, have a look at his latest showreel at the bottom of this page.
|Course key facts|
|Course level 1
beginner and intermediate
optimal tutor attention
10:00am – 4:00pm
Wimbledon Art Studios10 Riverside Yard
London SW17 0BB
Offer ends 01/12/2014.
|08 Oct 2017||Sunday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||DSLR HD Video Course||4||199.00||Sign up|
|03 Nov 2017||Friday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||DSLR HD Video Course||4||199.00||Sign up|
|24 Nov 2017||Friday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||DSLR HD Video Course||only 3 left||199.00||Book now|
|09 Dec 2017||Saturday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||DSLR HD Video Course||4||199.00||Sign up|